What is a P2 mask and why use it
P2/N95 rated face masks can help filter out the fine particles in smoke. To be effective, they must be fitted according to the manufacturer’s instructions and form a tight seal around the face. It can be difficult to maintain a tight seal, particularly for people with facial hair and children.
Disposable P2/N95 face masks (also known as P2/N95 respirators) are able to filter out very fine particles from the air when worn correctly. They help reduce exposure to bushfire smoke / poor air quality and associated health effects.back to menu ↑
How to fit a P2 mask
Putting on and checking the mask
Take time to correctly identify which size and style of mask is suitable for you. Each time a P2/N95 face mask is used it should be fit checked before entering an unsafe environment. Fit checks ensure that the mask is sealed over the bridge of the nose and mouth, and that there are no gaps in the seal between the mask and the face.
Make sure this fits by entering your model number.; Size: 20 x Activated Carbon, PM 2.5 filters.5x Valves Replacements,100% brand new and high quality.; One Size Fits Most: We are pleased to say that our it are suitable for adults and children making them ideal to keep in your home; Easy Breathing: ...
- Remove glasses and hats. Tie back long hair so it does not become tangled in the straps of the respiratory protection
- Put the mask on your face, ensuring the nose piece is at the top of the mask
- Place the headband or ties over the head and at the base of the neck
- Compress the mask against the face to ensure a seal across the bridge of the nose
- Compress the mask to ensure a seal across the cheeks and the face; and
- Conduct a fit check: check the seal of the mask by gently inhaling. If the mask is not drawn in towards the face, or air leaks around the face seal, readjust the mask and repeat process or check for defects in the mask. If the mask still leaks you may need to try a different size or style of mask.
Content retrieved from: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/environment/factsheets/Pages/face-mask.aspx.back to menu ↑